ERLEADA® may cause serious side effects including:
Heart Disease, Stroke, or Mini-Stroke. Bleeding in the brain or blockage of the arteries in the heart or in part of the brain have happened in some people during treatment with ERLEADA® and can lead to death. Your healthcare provider will monitor you for signs and symptoms of heart or brain problems during your treatment with ERLEADA®. Call your healthcare provider or get medical help right away if you get:
- chest pain or discomfort at rest or with activity
- shortness of breath
- numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- trouble talking or understanding
- trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, or trouble walking
- Fractures and Falls. ERLEADA® treatment can cause bones and muscles to weaken and may increase your risk for falls and fractures. Falls and fractures have happened in people during treatment with ERLEADA®. Your healthcare provider will monitor your risks for falls and fractures during treatment with ERLEADA®.
- Seizure. Treatment with ERLEADA® may increase your risk of having a seizure. You should avoid activities where a sudden loss of consciousness could cause serious harm to yourself or others. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have a loss of consciousness or seizure. Your healthcare provider will stop ERLEADA® if you have a seizure during treatment.
The most common side effects of ERLEADA® include:
- feeling very tired
- joint pain
- rash. Tell your healthcare provider if you get a rash.
- decreased appetite
- weight loss
- hot flash
ERLEADA® may cause fertility problems in males, which may affect the ability to father children. Talk to your healthcare provider if you have concerns about fertility. Do not donate sperm during treatment with ERLEADA® and for 3 months after the last dose of ERLEADA®.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of ERLEADA®.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Helpful Information and Resources
Doctor Discussion Guide
Contains questions to help start a conversation with your doctor.
ERLEADA® Patient Brochure
Contains important information about mCSPC, nmCRPC, and ERLEADA®.