How To Start
There are 2 ways to receive your ERLEADA® prescription:
Doctor’s office pharmacy
If your doctor’s office has its own pharmacy, your prescription may be available for pick-up there.
Your doctor will most likely send your prescription to a specialty pharmacy. Specialty pharmacies carry certain medications that are not available at retail pharmacies.
The specialty pharmacy path
When you receive your prescription
Your doctor’s office will complete the necessary paperwork and then submit on your behalf to the specialty pharmacy. Before you leave the doctor’s office, make sure your paperwork has been submitted.
Within a few days
The specialty pharmacy will call you to discuss your prescription costs and arrange delivery by mail of your ERLEADA® right to your front door. If you don’t receive a call, contact your doctor’s office.
Within 2 weeks
Your 30-day ERLEADA® prescription bottle should arrive by mail within 14 days. If it does not, contact your doctor’s office.
you will be contacted to coordinate your monthly refill.
Download a guide on getting started with ERLEADA® that includes a list of specialty pharmacies
Once-a-day oral tablets
Take ERLEADA® as directed by your doctor
The recommended dose of ERLEADA® is 240 mg (four 60 mg tablets) taken orally once daily.
- Take ERLEADA® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose if needed.
- Do not stop taking your prescribed dose of ERLEADA® without talking with your healthcare provider first.
- Take your prescribed dose of ERLEADA® 1 time a day, at the same time each day.
- Take ERLEADA® with or without food.
- Swallow ERLEADA® tablets whole.
- If you miss a dose of ERLEADA®, take your normal dose as soon as possible on the same day. Return to your normal schedule on the following day. You should not take extra tablets to make up the missed dose.
- You should start or continue a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog therapy during your treatment with ERLEADA® unless you had a surgery to lower the amount of testosterone in your body (surgical castration).
- If you take too much ERLEADA®, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Please read the complete directions below for mixing ERLEADA® with applesauce.
Taking ERLEADA® if you are unable to swallow tablets whole:
Place your dose of ERLEADA® in a container that contains 4 ounces (120 mL) of applesauce and stir. DO NOT crush the tablets.
Wait 15 minutes and stir the mixture.
Wait another 15 minutes and stir the mixture until tablets are well mixed with no chunks remaining.
Swallow the mixture right away using a spoon.
Rinse the container with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water and drink the water mixture right away.
Repeat the rinse with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water one more time to make sure that you take your full dose of ERLEADA®.
Swallow all the applesauce and medicine mixture within 1 hour of preparation. DO NOT store ERLEADA® that is mixed with applesauce.
Always remember that your healthcare team should be your main source of treatment direction and information. You should have an open and honest conversation with them.
Here are some questions to help get you started:
- Could ERLEADA® help delay my type of prostate cancer from spreading?
- Is ERLEADA® right for me?
- Could I benefit by taking ERLEADA® now in addition to taking ADT?
Life With ERLEADA®
- Can you explain the potential side effects I may experience?
- How can I manage side effects if they do occur?
Paying for ERLEADA®
- What financial assistance is available to help me pay for my prescription?
- Do I qualify for the $0-a-month savings program?
Contains questions to help start a conversation with your doctor.
Personalized Support. From People Who Care.
Once you and your doctor have decided that ERLEADA® is right for you, you have access to a free, personalized support program that connects you with a dedicated Care Navigator to help you get started with your treatment and stay on track.
Your personal Care Navigator is just a phone call away.
You can also call us at 844-NAV-1234 (844-628-1234),
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM ET