Cancer may be confusing, your prostate cancer treatment doesn't have to be
There are 2 ways to receive your ERLEADA® prescription:
Doctor’s office pharmacy
If your doctor’s office has its own pharmacy, your prescription may be available for pick-up there.
Your doctor will most likely send your prescription to a specialty pharmacy. Specialty pharmacies carry certain medications that are not available at retail pharmacies.
The specialty pharmacy path
When you receive your prescription
Your doctor’s office will complete the necessary paperwork and then submit on your behalf to the specialty pharmacy. Before you leave the doctor’s office, make sure your paperwork has been submitted.
Within a few days
The specialty pharmacy will call you to discuss your prescription costs and arrange delivery by mail of your ERLEADA® right to your front door. If you don’t receive a call, contact your doctor’s office.
Within 2 weeks
Your 30-day ERLEADA® prescription bottle should arrive by mail within 14 days. If it does not, contact your doctor’s office.
you will be contacted to coordinate your monthly refill.
Download a guide on getting started with ERLEADA® that includes a list of specialty pharmacies
Starting ERLEADA® once-a-day oral tablets
A nonchemotherapy treatment you can take at home
Take ERLEADA® as prescribed
TWO FLEXIBLE DOSING OPTIONS
ERLEADA® is taken orally, once daily, with or without food
FOUR 60 MG TABLETS*,
(~17 mm x 9 mm)
ONE 240 MG TABLET*,
(~21 mm x 10 mm)
*Tablets shown are not actual size.
- Take ERLEADA® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you
- Do not stop taking your prescribed dose of ERLEADA® without talking with your healthcare provider first
- Take your prescribed dose of ERLEADA® 1 time a day, at the same time each day
- Take ERLEADA® with or without food
- Swallow ERLEADA® tablets whole. Do not crush or split the tablets. If you cannot swallow ERLEADA® tablets whole, see the INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE for detailed instructions on how to prepare and take a dose of ERLEADA® by mouth. ERLEADA® comes in 2 different strengths (60 mg and 240 mg). Follow the instructions for your prescribed strength of ERLEADA®
- If you have a feeding tube, the ERLEADA® 240 mg tablet can be given through a feeding tube. See the INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE for detailed instructions on how to prepare and give a dose of ERLEADA® through a feeding tube (8 French or larger)
- If you miss a dose of ERLEADA®, take your normal dose as soon as possible on the same day. Return to your normal schedule on the following day. You should not take extra tablets to make up the missed dose
- You should start or continue a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog therapy during your treatment with ERLEADA® unless you have had a surgery to lower the amount of testosterone in your body (surgical castration)
- If you take too much ERLEADA®, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room
The INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE contains information on how to prepare and give a dose of ERLEADA® tablets if you cannot swallow ERLEADA® tablets whole or if you have a feeding tube. Read the INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE before you prepare and take or give the first dose of ERLEADA®, and each time you get a refill. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Important information you need to know before preparing a dose of ERLEADA®
- ERLEADA® comes in 2 different strengths, 60 mg tablets and 240 mg tablets. Please find the instructions below that refer to your prescribed ERLEADA® strength for how to prepare and take ERLEADA® tablets if you cannot swallow tablets whole
- ERLEADA® 240 mg tablet can be prepared and given through a feeding tube 8 French or larger
Please read the complete directions below for mixing ERLEADA® with applesauce.
- Place your entire prescribed dose of ERLEADA® tablets in a container that contains 4 ounces (120 mL) of applesauce and stir. Do not crush or split the tablets.
- Wait 15 minutes and stir the mixture.
- Wait another 15 minutes and stir the mixture until tablets are well mixed with no chunks remaining.
- Swallow the mixture right away using a spoon.
- Rinse the container with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water and drink the water mixture right away.
- Repeat the rinse with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water one more time to make sure that you take your full dose of ERLEADA®.
- Swallow all the applesauce and medicine mixture within 1 hour of preparation. DO NOT store ERLEADA® that is mixed with applesauce.
Please read the complete directions below for mixing ERLEADA® with orange juice, applesauce, or noncarbonated water.
- Place the whole ERLEADA® tablet in a cup. Do not crush or split the tablet.
- Add about 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of noncarbonated water to make sure that the tablet is completely covered in water.
- Wait 2 minutes until the tablet is broken up and spread out, then stir the mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of orange juice, applesauce, or noncarbonated water to the cup and stir the mixture.
- Swallow the mixture right away.
- Rinse the cup with enough noncarbonated water to make sure that you take your full dose of ERLEADA® and drink it right away. DO NOT store ERLEADA® that is mixed with noncarbonated water, orange juice, or applesauce for later use.
If you have a feeding tube, please click here for INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE and ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have questions.
Always remember that your healthcare team should be your main source of treatment direction and information. You should have an open and honest conversation with them.
Here are some questions to help get you started:
- Could ERLEADA® help delay my type of prostate cancer from spreading?
- Is ERLEADA® right for me?
- Could I benefit by taking ERLEADA® now in addition to taking ADT?
Life With ERLEADA®
- Can you explain the potential side effects I may experience?
- How can I manage side effects if they do occur?
Paying for ERLEADA®
- What financial assistance is available to help me pay for my prescription?
- Do I qualify for the $0-a-month savings program?
Contains questions to help start a conversation with your doctor.
Personalized Support. From People Who Care.
Once you and your doctor have decided that ERLEADA® is right for you, you have access to a free, personalized support program that connects you with a dedicated Care Navigator to help you get started with your treatment and stay on track.
Your personal Care Navigator is just a phone call away.
You can also call us at 844-NAV-1234 (844-628-1234),
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Patient Support from Janssen Compass™